AMD LAW Group is committed to protecting your privacy. Information or data about you or data that can be used to identify you, such as your name, address(es), telephone number(s), e-mail address(es) or other information or data, may be referred to below as “personal information”.
- When and how we collect personal information
We collect personal information about you when you voluntarily choose to disclose such information to us, directly or indirectly through a representative. For example, you may disclose personal information to us when you submit information by mail, telephone, fax, or electronically, when you sign up for newsletters and other marketing and general communications, or when you sign up to attend an event or program in person or online.
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
In addition, your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device’s help material.
We also collect personal information when you apply for a position, such as a partner, employee or intern, through a recruiter or one of our recruiting websites. This information could include, among other things, educational background, writing sample, current and prior employment, qualification details, professional licenses, references, and photo.
We do not direct any of our websites to children or individuals under eighteen (18) years of age. Individuals under eighteen (18) should consult with their parent or guardian about the use of our website.
- Why we use or process personal information
We only use your personal information for a legal and legitimate interest, such as:
Legal Services: We will use and process your personal information for providing legal services, promoting and marketing our legal services, assisting with managing, enhancing and improving our legal services, communicating with you about those legal services, and complying with our legal and ethical obligations related to those legal services.
- Recruiting: If you are a candidate for a position with the firm, we will use personal information about you in connection with recruiting you, processing your application for the position, or, if applicable, extending an offer to you or hiring you. You may also provide us with your email address to receive information on open positions with the firm.
- Marketing: We may process certain of your personal information for direct marketing based on your consent. You have the option of withdrawing your consent at any time. We also may process your location data, IP address, and content viewed on our websites.
- Contract performance: From time to time, we may request that you provide information via this website. We may use or process personal information in connection with pre-contract activities and discussion with you, and to perform a contract that we have with you.
- Legal obligations: We will use or process personal information as necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject. This includes using or processing personal information for the defense of claims against us and satisfying any government reporting obligations and requests.
- Other legitimate interests: We will process your personal information for any of our other legitimate interests not described above. These include analyzing use of our website or services, tailoring website and news content, setting preferences in our website or electronic mailings, improving our websites, offering and managing programs and events, fulfilling our obligations to our clients and others, and managing our client obligations.
- How and where we disclose personal information
We will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to any party.
We operate our websites from the United States of America and store the information we collect through our websites in the United States of America. We market and provide legal services, however, in many countries throughout the world. Accordingly, we will disclose information collected through our websites, as well as other personal information, across offices and geographical boundaries, within and outside of the firm, for legal and legitimate purposes as described above.
We will also disclose your personal information to third-party service providers that perform services for us and who are obligated to secure the information, such as information technology suppliers, analytics providers, mailing providers, joint marketing or event providers, caterers, and security providers. These service providers may be located anywhere in the world.
Additionally, we will also disclose your personal information as required by a court order or any other legal or regulatory requirement, including in response to requests from public and government authorities outside your country of residence or to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you or others anywhere in the world.
- Our efforts to protect personal information
We take reasonable measures to protect personal information from misuse, interference, and unauthorized loss, access, modification or disclosure. We undertake industry-standard data protection practices, including by deploying a variety of commercially available software and hardware security tools. We will take such measures with respect to your personal information using security measures that we use for personal information of others, and we will do so in compliance with all applicable data protection laws and our professional secrecy and ethical obligations. Unfortunately, despite such measures, no data transmission over the Internet and no database or other depositories of information can be one hundred percent secure. As a result, while we will strive to protect your personal information, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any of your personal information. We will not be and are not liable for disclosures of your personal information due to errors in transmission, networks that we do not control, or unauthorized acts of third parties.
- How long we keep personal information
If you have applied for a specific position with us and join us for that or any other position, your personal information will be retained for at least so long as you continue to retain a position with us and thereafter for at least the minimum period required by applicable law. If you have applied for a position with us but do not join us for that or any other position or if you did not apply for a specific position, we may retain your personal information in order to consider you for any future positions. We will retain your personal information only as necessary to comply with all applicable laws.
- Your rights with regard to your personal information
Subject to local law, you may have certain rights regarding the personal information we have collected about you. Such rights might include the right to (a) know what personal information we have collected about you, (b) update or correct such information if you believe there is an inaccuracy, (c) restrict the processing of your personal information, (d) request deletion of your personal information, (e) object to our use of your personal information, or (f) request transmission of your personal information to another data controller. If you would like to exercise any of these rights provided under local law, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to make a complaint about how we handled your personal information or make a complaint about a breach of data protection laws, please send us an email at email@example.com. Complaints will be investigated and the outcome of the investigation will be communicated to you after the complaint is made in accordance with applicable law. You may have a right to some locations to file a complaint with your local data protection authority.